11.11.2 post-install problems [English]

• Hi there,

I would need some help about these:

- iMessage was working out of the box, but I edited the SSDT and changed the system definition to iMac 13,1, then edited the NVRAM values according to Griven's guide, but iMessage Debug, for BoardSerialNumber shows (null). All the other values seems fine. How shall I go on from here?

UPDATE: I fixed the BoardSerialNumber, by putting 5 random numbers after the System Serial number, and iMessage is working again :)

Code
    1. sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=XXXXXXXXXXXX(System Serial)XXXXX(five random numbers)

- I got a hint, that for fixing iMessage I need to edit the Defaults.plist in the Efi folder, but there's no such file there ?(

- When I try to fix the audio kext with Multibeast, this is what I get:

Log says:

Code
    1. 12/19/15 11:27:29 - Mounting EFI failed. Exiting.
    2. 12/19/15 11:28:09 - Mounting EFI

Cheers guys!

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H [Ozmosis 167X] - i5 3570k - HD3000 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD [OS X 10.11.2] / 1TB Seagate HDD [symlinked user folders] / 1TB Seagate HDD [Windows 8.1] / 1TB WD Green HDD [Time Machine]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von neoyoli ()

• Please check all the other HDDs or SSDs for an EFI partition.
    make sure that one of the drives with the EFI partition contains the missing EFI folder and the default.plist.

is your OSX HDD connected to the first SATA Port?

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• @neoyoli
    Try to use "EFI Mounter" to mount the EFI
    bevor using Multibeast

Intel - diverse geniale Hardware bis einschließlich Skylake, damals...

AMD X6 1035T Silentmaxx TwinBlock - ASRock N68-S -8GB RAM - XFX HD 6450 Passiv - Etasis EFN-300

AMD 7 3700X - Noctua NH-P1 - B550 Aorus Pro V2 - RX460 Passiv - Silentmaxx Fanless II 500 Platinum

- - - - - - - - HOWTO: RYZENTOSH - - - - - - - -

• Please check all the other HDDs or SSDs for an EFI partition.
    make sure that one of the drives with the EFI partition contains the missing EFI folder and the default.plist.
    is your OSX HDD connected to the first SATA Port?

I checked all my drives, and none of them contains Defaults.plist:

My boot drive is connected to port0, I believe (the top one on the motherboard, and BSD name is disk0).

@neoyoli
    Try to use "EFI Mounter" to mount the EFI
    bevor using Multibeast

I tried it, same thing...

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H [Ozmosis 167X] - i5 3570k - HD3000 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD [OS X 10.11.2] / 1TB Seagate HDD [symlinked user folders] / 1TB Seagate HDD [Windows 8.1] / 1TB WD Green HDD [Time Machine]

• So,

your edit in the first post says that your iMessage issue is solved but you do not find an Default.plist in any of you EFI-Partitions.
    In that case all your NVRAM Settings seem to be added via Terminal, the same way you corrected the current problem.
    That also means, that without the Defaults.plist all of those NVRAM Settings will be lost, if you have to do a NVRAM Reset.

The most important feature of the Defaults.plist is the ability to contain those NVRAM settings within the file.
    If you have to do a NVRAM Reset, all the NVRAM Settings will be read from the file and you don't have to worry about adding entries which you might not remember... ;)

Did you find the EFI-Partition which contain the folders /EFI/Quo and /EFI/Oz?

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Wow, good to know! Otherwise I would have gone mad at some point.
    Yes, I've got Efi/Oz on disk0.

• I've created a kind of Standard Default.plist, which contains all the necessary plist-fields but without data, just the information where you can get the stuff.
    If you use the Terminal to question the current settings, like

Code
    1. nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:BootEntryTemplate

or

Code
    1. nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosDate

you can get all the current infos from the NVRAM and paste that into the Defaults.plist file for later use.

Be careful with the section 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101.
    There are a lot of entries, which are not in the Standard_Defaults.plist, but which you should test in Terminal, to make sure you have those entries in the Defaults.plist:

If the Terminal command returns

Code
    1. (iokit/common) data was not found

you don't have to put the value into the Defaults.plist.

Afterwards put the file as "Defaults.plist" into the folder /EFI/Oz and you're prepared for the NVRAM Reset.

Dateien

Gruß
    Al6042

• Okkie, I could read almost all values from Terminal, however the following give the same default entries, that are already in the Standard_Defaults.plist, like:

Code
    1. 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:BootEntryTemplate $label

-BootEntryTemplate
    -DarwinDiskTemplate
    -DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate
    -BaseBoardAssetTag
    -SystemSKU

How can I extract these values?

Also, Ethernet is on en0, which I don't use. My Wi-Fi is on en1, but the MAC address is the same. Is it a problem?
    And, all the entries in the table you posted, returned:

Code
    1. (iokit/common) data was not found

(except the ones already mentioned above). So I guess it means they are okay?

Dateien

• The MAC address for en0 and en1 are the same?

that doesn't make any sense.
    please provide the complete output from the Terminal command "ifconfig".
    just add it as a text file to your post.

if the entries in the first section of the defaults.plist are the same, don't change them. ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• Oh, sorry, they are not the same. I thought because Apple MAC Hack displays the MAC address of en0, however I'm using en1. So I guess that's it, the defaults.plist is ready?

• For all the Apple Aps like iMessage, FaceTime and AppStore to run correctly you have to use the MAC address from en0, even if you don't use that interface.

Gruß
    Al6042

• I see! Thanks a lot for all your help :)

• you're welcome.. ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• I forgot to ask, if you have any tips for why Multibeast fails to mount Efi?

• I can't tell you, since I don't use Multibeast for such tasks.

I prefer either to use Clover Configurator, the patched version of the older Disk Utility or the Terminal way...

Gruß
    Al6042

• Multibeast will only mount the EFI for installing the Clover Drivers, it will not do it permanently and will only do it if you will take the right disk..

:hackintosh:

• How does it relate to the Multibeast install failure?

• Using the newest Clover Based Versions of Multibeast with an OZ Environment will not work since Multibeast relies on an installed Clover instance in your ESP. Multibeast will fail if there ere not such files on the ESP. In order to get it done with OZ simply use Pacifist and extract the needed Extensions and place them into /Efi/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common/ in case they have no dependencies to specific Systemfiles (AppleHDA has dependencies so it won´t work) in Case of AppleHDA use KextUtility to install it.

• Thanks a lot! It's good to know nothing is messed up with my system.

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt