activation of the audio in High Sierra 10.13

• I can not activate the audio with AppleALC.kext ... in high sierra ... how to activate using Clover ....?

• Open your config.plist with the current Clover Configurator.
    Go to "Acpi"->"DSDT"->"Fixes" and activate "FixHDA_8000".
    Go to "Devices"->"Audio"->"inject" and type the number "1" directly into the selection box, instead of using "No" or "Detect"...

Then, if you didn't mess up anything else, reboot and hope it works... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• hi,

would like to have your kind assistance.
    I have a ga-z77-ds3h rev 1.0, would like to know the way to activate the Audio. Can you help?

Thanks in advance

• @Fram8579
    Hello and welcome to the forum... :)

With your ALC887 it should be pretty straight forward.
    If you use Clover as your bootloader, you should just set the following entries in your config.plist via the latest Clover Configurator:
    - "Acpi"->"DSDT"->"Fixes" tick the "FixHDA_8000"
    - "Device"->"Audio"->"Inject" put the number "1" in the selection box, instead of using "No" or "Detect"
    - Add the newest versions of Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext into the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on your hidden EFI-Partition

If you tried any other solution before, like VoodooHDA (with HDADisabler.kext) or realtekALC/CloverALC, delete them and make sure that your AppleHDA.kext is still the original Version from Apple.
    Also check your config.plist in "Kernel and Kext patches"->"KextsToPatch" and deactivate any Patches regarding to AppleHDA.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Hi, I have the same audio problem with my Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger, could you be so kind and help me as well?

Maximus VIII Ranger | i7 6700K @4.8GHz | 2x 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | EVGA GTX1080 FTW | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB for Windows 10 Pro, 850 Evo 250GB for macOS | macOS 10.13.1 | Clover 4318

• Hi @exquyre and Welcome to the forum... :)

The issue with the Maximus VIII Ranger is the missing details in regards to the used audio codec.
    On the specs website you can just read "ROG SupremeFX 2015 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC", which can be literally anything.
    Try to create a Linux-Live-USB-Stick or -CD an use the following Terminal-Commands to see which codec will be found on the machine.

Code
    1. cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codec00_dump.txt
    2. cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec01_dump.txt
    3. cat /proc/asound/card1/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codec10_dump.txt
    4. cat /proc/asound/card1/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec11_dump.txt

This will create four text files on the Linux desktop in which one of those should be the name of the audio codec.
    Check those files and upload the one with contents as an attachment using the "Advanced Reply"-function while replying...

Gruß
    Al6042

• I found the file. If by codec you just meant ALC1150, I could have told you that, as it says so on https://geizhals.at/asus-rog-m…0lx0-m0eay0-a1306336.html
    I thought ALC1150 is the Chip Model

Dateien

Maximus VIII Ranger | i7 6700K @4.8GHz | 2x 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | EVGA GTX1080 FTW | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB for Windows 10 Pro, 850 Evo 250GB for macOS | macOS 10.13.1 | Clover 4318

• In that case it should be easy and as the same procedure as I explained on October 1st to Fram8579.
    The usage of this methods rely on a couple of very important things:

- Make sure that the AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions is the untouched/original version from Apple (no tempering with the kext via some of those scripts out there)
    - Make sure you've got rid of all the other Audio-enabling kexts, like VoodooHDA, HDAEnabler, realtekALC, CloverAudio, ...
    - Make sure you've disabled or deleted all AppleHDA-related "KextsToPatch"-entries in your config.plist for Clover...

BTW:
    Please add your Hardware details in either your signature or your profile, within the section "About me", so everybody who wants to help, knows which components you're using...

Gruß
    Al6042

• I have tried this twice and it has broken my macos installation both times. The only 2 things are have to change out of all that is written in your 2 posts is disabling the AppleHDA-related "KextsToPatch"-entries and and putting the Lilu and AppleALC kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Everything else was already set the way you told me to set it anyway. After applying these settings in the Clover Configurator I can access Clover on boot but when selecting boot macOS I just get the apple logo forever, no progress bar. I'd ask you for a fix but reinstalling everything I had takes me an hour at most so i't not really an issue. Still haven't fixed the audio problem though, apparently disabling the kextstopatch or pasting the 2 kexts bricks my install...

• That's literally impossible, since this setup runs on countless machines already.
    There is something else completely wrong on your system, but...

It still would be very helpful if you:
    1. Add your hardware details in either your signature or your profile, in the section "About me"
    2. Zip your EFI-Folder and post it as file attachment, so we can take a look.
    3. Use the following Terminal command to create a Text-file on your desktop, which shows us the loaded kexts:

Code
    1. kextstat |grep -v apple > ~/Desktop/LoadedKexts.txt

Please also attach this file to your next post.

Gruß
    Al6042

• I install all my drivers (except nvidia) through multibeast, including an ALC1150 driver. Could that be part of the issue somehow?

From looking at the LoadedKexts file it looks like the AppleHDA is not loaded... Keep in mind I am not booting from the Clover install that is on this EFI partition but rather from the one on my flash drive, as it is the one I can actually boot on after adding the 2 kexts and disabling the KextsToPatch entries.

Dateien

• EFI.zip

(24,18 MB, 119 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • LoadedKexts.txt

(926 Byte, 197 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

• That is the problem...

In your LoadedKexts.txt the Lilu.kext is in version 1.2.0 but in your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other Lilu in Version 1.1.7 and AppleALC in Version 1.1.4.
    You try to load an older Lilu-Version from EFI and then the newer one, which you should find in either /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions tries to kick in which then results in your Boot problem...

And that is why we in this forum do not like the Beast-Tools... the install kexts on the system and not in the EFI partition.

To get this things straightened out you should do the following:
    1. Find the kexts FakeSMC, Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, USBInjectAll, AppleIntelE1000e and copy them to the EFI partition in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
    2. Delete the same files in their original location, which should be either /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions
    3. Run the small application named Kext Utility afterwards, to recreate the Kext-Cache without those kexts.
    4. Download the following kexts Lilu - Generic kext patcher (neue Grundlage für AppleALC 1.1.x und Shiki 2.x.x), AppleALC - der dynamische AppleHDA Patcher - immer aktuell and IntelMausiEthernet.kext (as substitute for AppleIntelE1000e) and put them into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
    5. rename your original config.plist to config-old.plist
    6. copy the attached config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER
    7. Reboot to check if everything works...

Dateien

• config.plist

(6,5 kB, 266 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

• thank you very much for your help, not only can I boot normally again, I also finally have sound. I used the "beasts" because this is my first time with hackintosh and high Sierra just recently came out and when searching for information on any of my components it was hard to find a sort of organised tutorial or walkthrough on how to approach this without multibeast and unibeast. Can you recommend any beginner introduction for the way macOS "should" be installed? a place where I can find all or almost all the information I need. I could not have done this without your expertise, which I am thankful for, but it would be better if all of this would have been information I could have obtained on my own without knowing what actually to look for.

Again, thank you very much for your kind help and quick response time!

• Morning... :)
    I'm glad the issue is solved... :thumbsup:

I also started with Tony's Tools a couple of years back and almost every new User in here has the same history.
    We tried tu sum up the necessary first steps in our Wiki/FAQ-section, but I think that's completely in german.

Take a look there and see what you can learn there with the help of some translation tools.
    Some of the text might be hard to understand, but if you find the right context within those sentences it will be almost self-explaining...
    If not, then ask in the forum...

Have a good time with your machine and good luck on the next steps... :)

Gruß
    Al6042