Interest in Ozmosis

• Hello everyone
    I would like to ask here whether there is still interest in Ozmosis. If so, I would consider working on it. If you want to help you are invited.
    This boot loader was great and should not be forgotten. The last official release was almost 10 years ago. OpenCore, started and buried from Hermitcrabslabs, is not as easy to use in the application as Ozmosis and also not in the same way. It is a shame that the Ozmosis Source Code has never been released. The time for publication is now.

• They can invest their time in something else.

As extensive as OC is today, they would never get the old OZM versions.

Also, OZM would have to be loaded from the EFI on newer systems anyway.

That's wasted time and effort.

WSR:

GR:

Mac:

• Also opencore is easier to use than OZM.

You follow the dortania guide step by step and Bähm in 90% of the time a running system.

That OZM is easier than OC is only true if griven, al6042, kuckkuck, derHackfan, Fredde2209, crusher and all of the users i have not mentioned have allready done the work for you.

For reasons i had to mod the bios for my Z77 board by myself and it was a lot of reading and more work compared to OC.

Also the risk of flashing the Bios and possibly brick the board.

OC is saver, easier and it just works ...

OZM is a dead horse. No need to ride it.

Macbook Pro Retina 2015 + 16GB ram 1TBGB ssd AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB  OSX 14.x)
    GA-Z77 DS3H + i7 3770 + 32GB RAM, RX580 8GB,2TB SATA SSD, TP-Link T8E (AC Wlan) + Bluetooth usbstick OSX 13.6.7 OC 1.0

• They can invest their time in something else.

As extensive as OC is today, they would never get the old OZM versions.

Also, OZM would have to be loaded from the EFI on newer systems anyway.

That's wasted time and effort.

You can Flash Ozmosis also on newer Systems.

Why old versions? Look at the 2023 version, it has nothing to do with the old versions. I'm working on newer versions!

You hardly have to configure ozmosis, flash bios and boot macos.

• Ich versteh euch nicht ganz, Leute: OC ist ja vielleicht bei manchen Rechnern kinderleicht, bei anderen steckt der jeweilige User viele, viele Stunden in die EFI, weil wieder irgendwas hakelt (ich möchte nur an meinen X99 erinnern..).

Ich hab sicher für verschiedenste Rechner um die 50-80 Ozmosis-BIOS gebaut. Mit dem entsprechenden Toolkit war das eine recht einfache Sache: DSDT sauber durchgepatcht, los ging's.

Aber dann war eben Feierabend mit dem Z97-AMI-BIOS und vor Allem schon für das Booten von Montoya nicht mehr geeignet. Wie sieht das da denn jetzt aus? Selbst meinen Quo hatte ich ja irgendwann auf Clover umgestellt..

:hackintosh:

• You can't boot Monterey. The current version is able to boot Catalina without an external kernel patcher. If someone with the appropriate knowledge would help, newer macos versions would also be usable. However, there is still a lack of developers who are able and willing to do so.

This ozmosis version has new features, unlike old versions like 167X-MASS. This includes, among other things, that you can edit the settings of the Defaults.plist in the BIOS, similar to how you can overclock a cpu.