Beiträge von sirbrem

I have High Sierra 10.13.3 running on my Gigabyte X99-Phoenix-SLI mobo with i7-6850k, Samsung 960 Pro and NVIDIA GTX 1080ti. You don't need the HackrNVMe driver or any of the .aml patches. Samsung NVMe drives are supported natively now.

Look up "The Perfect Customac Pro - macOS High Sierra 10.13 on X99" for instructions.

Did you have to reinstall the NVIDIA drivers after installing High Sierra? It looks like you are using NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext now instead of using the AGDPfix, correct?

Does installing High Sierra attempt to overwrite the EFI partition, or can I simply run the installer?

Also, is the HackrNVMeFamily kext still needed? I heard High Sierra was supposed to have better native NVMe support.

Any tips for the update process?

Thanks!

I actually got it working last night!

My method was to use the latest version of Clover to perform the install of Clover EFI. Once it was installed, I copied any missing drivers from @sygey 's install. I then downloaded the latest FaceSMC, VoodooTSCSync (6 core) and ethernet kexts, and any missing ones I grabbed from sygey. I also had to use a combination of the two config.plist files from here.

There were a few hiccups along the way and there are still some bugs to work out, but for the most part macOS Sierra 10.12.4 is up and running.

I can post a more detailed install process if anyone is interested in this hardware setup.

Hi @Robin0815,

My German is awful, but it sounds like you are working on a build very similar to mine. How is it coming along? Did you get everything working?

My setup is the following:

GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI mobo
    i7-6850K
    64 GB DDR4-2400
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

Please forgive the noob questions. I'm new to the Hackintosh world. Your (and @sygey) configuration is the closest I've seen to my own. How are you finding all these kernel and kext patches? Also, how are these patches created? They seem like they are finding and replacing random numbers, but obviously they're coming from somewhere.

I'm trying to install macOS 10.12.4 Sierra and it stops after several lines that say:

"localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] <Error>: assertion failed: 16E195: launchd + xxxxx [...] 0x9"

In addition to several other launchd errors and then ten or so sound assertion in AppleHDADriver errors, it finally gives up saying "Service exited with abnormal code".