Beiträge von andyapple

Actually that‘s no big surprise since venturas AMD graphic drivers rely on AVX2 which IVY Bridge isn‘t capeable of. Even though you are able to run Ventura on IvyBridge by replacing it‘s os.dmg with the one pulled from an Apple Silicone Mac or it‘s restore image the graphic drivers will not load as long as AVX2 support is missing. For now Ventura on IvyBridge is retricted to older graphics such as HD4000 or any AMD or Nvidia graphics supported by the legacy Patcher…

Thanks now I understand! Is it the time to change my Ivy Bridge i5-3570K? xD

On monterey all fine. Thanks.

I'm running the RX 580 here on Ventura without problems. Your problem is the 3rd gen. cpu.

I couldn't get Ventura running on the i5-3570K I had before.

Thanks for your answer!

If you want i can send you my efi to run Ventura on i5-3570K, everything is working except dGPU acceleration, with rx 580 + this ivy bridge the only way i found to boot is to disable dGPU acceleration, otherwise i get black screen.

Probably like you said it's a CPU problem, since rx 580 works oob with ventura, but it's strange that disabling dgpu acceleration make ventura bootable and working.

To boot Ventura on Ivy Bridge i5-3570k, I use the same efi I used on Ventura, with Opencore, the only thing I add to add was a kernel patch to Allow dyld sharred cache swapping https://github.com/dortania/Op…cd0c89bebd9a1dR1688-R1717 . The other thing to do is swap the cache in preboot partition https://github.com/dortania/Op…Legacy-Patcher/issues/998 following Removal of Pre AVX 2.0.

The only thing i have to fix now is dGPU acceleration, but as you said if that gpu is working with you, the problem should be cpu related.

Did you used any patch or something for rx 580? or does it work oob as on monterey? Thanks

Kurzes Update zum Ivy Bridge System (x79):
    Also mein Ivy Bridge System bootet mit dem M1 os.dmg und dem APFS Patch in einen black Screen.

Mit dem bootarg -amd_no_dgpu_accel komme ich in den Einrichtungsdialog.

Wenn ich den Einrichtungsdialog abgeschlossen habe und dann erneut ohne den Flag starte endet der Bootvorgang ebenfalls nur mit einem schwarzer Bildschirm. Irgendwo schein die Grafikbeschleunigung zu zicken... Die Karte ist ein Radeon VII und (eigentlich) unterstützt.

Hi, I have the same problem here with RX 580 on Ivy Bridge i5-3570K on GA-Z77X-UD5H.

I can only boot Ventura (after having OS.dmg replaced) with -amd_no_dgpu_accell otherwise I get black screen.

I think RX 580 should be natively supported on Ventura.

How to fix this? Thanks