Beiträge von icemanncsu

al6042

Are you having any problems with waking from Sleep? Using your OpenCore EFI for the Asus Prime z390-a I am experiencing system hangs/freezing shortly after waking from sleep. Often not reproducible each time, but after a sleep wake its like a time bomb waiting to occur. I guess what makes it a real hassle is on the troubleshooting side. I am not able to watch a log or capture a log anywhere for the failure causing the freezing.

Any insight on this would be awesome!

Thanks again!

al6042

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! I have mostly the same components as yourself.

Question 1) You mention running a 5700 XT (as I am myself, its a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT OC, 8GB) as your GPU, but yet looking at your recently updated config.plist, there are no references to the WhateverGreen boot flag 'agdpmod=pikera'. Does your currently running system use that config.plist attached to message #39 in this thread?

Question 2) At the bottom of post #39, you have a section on Open Points. Are you still applying the older EmuVariableBoot-64.efi in place of the newer clover folder structure of EmuVariableUefi.efi? I only ask this because I am also experiencing the 3-5 second post wake system hang / freeze, resulting in a forced power off operation, when using the newer EmuVariableUefi.efi driver.

Question 3) You also mention your using OpenCore as your bootloader instead of Clover. Since we have the same config, would you be willing to share in a thread or reply with how's that compared to the latest versions of Clover? Do you recommend to use OpenCore over Clover for this hard configuration?

Thanks for your time and effort in any reply!