Beiträge von macwindows

I am sorry for asking help. I was trying to install Mac working version on Latitude E6420 that this discussion was. I tried to understand as best I can from the help provided by author and others. I am not too expert in the process and tried different things and learning. There was not any intention of using pirated version of the Mac.

If this has not followed the forum rules, I am sorry for that.

Have a nice day.

Thanks, you are correct. I was using hackintosh usb installer. I used the unpatched apple monterey install app usb installer. It installed and after reboot (completing the initial setup), it gave an error "A required firmware update could not be installed".

Any suggestion, please.

Hello Mo-6420.

I need help.

I am trying to install monterey 12.01. The usb installer boots fine (with one of your Clover EFI folder) and can come to setup/installation steps. However the installation hangs (as per attached picture) after copying all files.

Any suggestion/help please.

Thanks,

Thanks for sharing your clover working files. Can I use with Catalina or I need to install Monterey and then use it? Also I need only EFI folder or need other file/folder that is in attached file? Excuse me for bugging with nub questions.

The last oc filder and the last clover too are for the last macos big sur and monyerey

So i suggest for you to use the old folder of oc or clover ok

Good luck

And thank you too

I am using Clover 2.5k_r5070. Would you please point me to old OC file/folder? Thanks in advance.

Hi Mo-6420, thanks for your guide to install mac on E6420. I have E6420 with Intel and having trouble installing Catalina.

I have partitioned my (only one HDD) to GUID with 4 partitions (two APFS and two FAT). Before installing mac, I checked the SIP thru installation disk terminal (by command csrutil status) and it is disabled. Installing Catalina from USB does not have any issue/error, unless at the end it cannot set the startup disk. Also after Installation and initial setup complete, the clover installation also fails. I can run the mac only by using the USB installer disc.

I copied the your OC and EFI folder to one of the FAT partition and set the BIOS with new UFI boot entry as per your instruction. Booting thru OC the mac is stuck at apple logo.

I reinstalled the mac three times (including one time by re-partition/erase the disk) but the same result. Also I have observed that after installation, the mac partition is read only (that i have to make write enable by commands spctl --master-disable, mount -uw / , killall Finder).

I hope you can help to up and running mac on E6420.