Beiträge von hyux1

You've already shouted loudly enough that you have the source code. Cool, do something with it. But with your behavior and talk about competition you're making a fool of yourself

It's the truth. Do you really think mhaeuser will support OpenCore's competition?

then you just have to find a way to involve them in your project

here it seems to me that you are not succeeding.

Reading doesn't bother me that much though :)

Yes, I try.

OT: do not feed the Troll

he will not give up

If you don't want to (or rather can't) contribute anything meaningful, then hold back!

One of the very few people who could help made it clear that he is not willing because of the structural limitations of the product itself

why insist on it?

cui prodest?

mhaeuser? He probably won't want to compete with his OpenCore, so it's understandable that he doesn't want to help. But there are also other developers.

As mentioned earlier, I'm not such a good developer. I would have to understand the OpenCore code completely in order to be able to integrate the corresponding part. Besides, it's quite a lot of work for you alone, I need support.

Think you're funny?

Or do you think that no one is interested in Ozmosis?

Like Bob-Schmu: He thinks the answer in the insanelymac thread is negative to the project, after my answer to it he probably has no more arguments.

Thank you for not immediately opposing this plan. I've already thought about taking the time to better understand the OpenCore code. And then try to integrate this code into the Ozmosis code, as was done with Clover. If that works, a good alternative to opencore would be available and Ozmosis would be alive again.

What I don't like are people who ask questions, then don't answer them anymore like Bob-Schmu

pupokass supports the topic and has already created a post about it in the Insanelymac forum.

https://www.insanelymac.com/fo…9665-interest-in-ozmosis/

I ordered asus h110m-k board will be able to check ozmosis when it arrives the BIOS has just ±5mb of free space

Well, then it can be proven with it.

Ja, habe ich - aber auf Z77. Kernelpatcher braucht es keinen für Catalina.

Oz auf Skylake - habe ich vor paar jahren probiert (167X). Lief auf einem Gigabyte H170, direkt aus dem BIOS. Sollte mit seiner Version also auch funktionieren. Ozmosis mit macOS Catalina 10.15 – OZ167X-XMAX (extended)

Naja ob das das richtige Wort ist? Ist kein Patch an 167X oder so, sondern eine neue Version. Hab ich auch mal in Ghidra angeschaut, ist schon viel anders iirc.

Danke, dass du es getestet hast und dich positiv dazu äußerst. Es würde auch mit neuerer Hardware funktionieren.

It's a new version, not 167X. This was compiled in 2023. Do you know anything about programming? It seems that way because you used a disassembler. You can also view the source code if you want to.

Why should he do that?

They have said themselves that they are not a good developer, so it doesn't do them much good.

They just can't make OZM competitive against Clover and OC.

The handful of people who are interested in OZM are not worth the effort.

Why shouldn't he do it? It might help.

He always finds partners who keep the thread alive. Let it die here

No.

Kann mir mal jemand ein funktionierendes OZM System zeigen, ab Skylake was mit seiner Überarbeitung funktioniert?

Bis jetzt habe ich in keine Foren irgendwas gefunden.

Raptortosh

Du hattest es doch getestet von ihm letztes Jahr?

I don't have a Skylake system to show you. Maybe someone is willing to test it?

All this talk about competition… do I have the Ozmosis source code? Yes - as a matter of fact I do. I’m the one who implemented the sophisticated hotkey and bless support. I also improved things around AptioFix and added touch screen support. Various fixes here and there, too.

You ignored all my points explaining why this design simply does not work and instead demand we update OC to be compatible with inherently broken methods - well, ok. Have fun spamming here with no impact.

And why don't you upload the source code here? Or a newer version? Have you tried to adapt the code to newer macOS versions? Does your code already have features like the Ozmosis Platform Manager? So settings in the BIOS.

Which of your points did I ignore?

There are still some who are interested. Some in DM.

I try, but my knowledge alone is not enough.

Just because you've been a member since 2019, do you have to determine what is needed and what isn't? You also have the Ozmosis source code?

A year has passed, opinions change. Competition is good.

1. Ozmosis is part of the BIOS. Need all the space on your EFI partition?

2. Ozmosis doesn't really need to be configured, the tool (Ozmtool) integrates the required data into the BIOS with a simple console command.

3. You can select the appropriate partition directly in the bios. Alternatively, Ozmosis also has a Mac-like GUI. You can make settings for Ozmosis directly in the bios - Ozmosis Platform Manager.

4. A current Mac does not need OpenCore. OZM is configured in the BIOS to the extent that macos can boot. A newly purchased hard drive does not have OpenCore.

5. This is the Quote:

Zitat

Can also be done in OZM

7. Really? OpenCore hotkeys can be used in the boot process of the BIOS? Or directly in the bios? That's new to me.

I get burnout just from reading this conversation. It is beyond me how “directly at the BIOS level” is cited as an advantage over and over again when UX-wise there literally is no difference. OC actually supports hotkeys a lot better than Oz did. Firmware integration is not implemented because it is too broken on many machines, same for UEFI boot options. We literally put them in their own isolated space in NVRAM, so that the firmware cannot bug out on macOS’ unconventional formats. Even when Oz was recent, there was firmware that started duplicating the macOS boot entry till NVRAM ran full or overflew and then the firmware was bricked - and no, there is no sane way to resolve this. These simply cannot run something like this - but they can run OC just fine.

You are nitpicking on tiny usability differences that have as many drawbacks as advantages (flashed firmware is convenient to use, but inconvenient to maintain and recover), while you ignore TONS of deal-breaking roadblocks to make this streamlined (do yourself a favour and read through Configuration.pdf regarding quirks and stuff like WriteFlash). Sometimes I wish people would trust we put some thought into all this.

Having a bootloader directly in the bios is a big advantage. Why is there no (test) version of OpenCore that can be integrated? If you would continue to develop Ozmosis, you could fix bugs and improve Ozmosis.

Can you help integrate OpenCore into Ozmosis?

1. Have you ever compared how small a bios was at that time compared to today?

2. There is software that makes the whole thing much easier. A few console commands can be expected of the user.

3. It's easier if you want to change something. Open the usual boot menu and select the macOS drive directly. In addition, if the Hackintosh is always in sleep mode, this increases the power consumption.

4. Do you also have an additional bootloader USB stick on a real Mac? Will your new hard drive come with perfectly configured OpenCore?

5. I don't understand your point. This is related to Ozmosis (=OZM).

6. If you think that you are doing a normal NVRAM reset with the battery method, you are wrong. The bios will be reset and all settings will have to be redone!

7. So you can use the hotkeys directly at the BIOS boot with OpenCore?

What are the advantages of OZM over OC?

It can be integrated into the BIOS.

It's easier to use.

It can boot macos directly from the

BIOS. Changing and reinstalling the hard drive is easier.

You can directly make settings for the boot options in the BIOS.

NVRAM reset can be done immediately after switching on.

Hotkeys most similar to mac.

Ozmosis still has potential. It also has advantages compared to OpenCore. It could be a good alternative. If someone would support adapting Ozmosis to the needs of newer macos versions, that would be very helpful and you could continue to use it.

Nobody else here interested in reviving this good old bootloader? Last year, the version was also tested by users here, and you could see that it works.

mhaeuser you should have a clue about the topic, I was told

Why aren't ozmosis features added to opencore (bios integration, HII settings)?

If you have no idea about a topic, don't criticize others and hold back. Are you even aware that Ozmosi's source code is not publicly available, and that no version after 167X-MASS is publicly available?